Our customer, an American IT services and consulting company with more than 130.000 employee , based in Rabat and Casablanca, is looking for a
JAVA Software Developer
The person should be a highly skilled, self-driven techie having a good understanding and relevant experience in the Java ecosystem as described in following sections.
On top of this pre-requisite, exposure to UI / UX development would be an added advantage. The resource should grasp the requirements and help in swiftly churning those into piecemeal feature implementations applicable to various product lines in the life insurance domain.
The resource would be involved with all aspects of analysis, design, implementation, and deployment of all software related to the core insurance applications.
The role might also be involved in design and development of cloud native solutions. The role will be part of a global team of developers.
S / he would serve as a programmer analyst as well as lead, and liaison between technical and business personnel. S / he should be able to think creatively to solve the user problem with holistic and simple product solution.
S / he would collaborate with multiple counterparts to deliver the technical objectives; act as a mentor to junior resources and facilitate adoption of value-added technical solutions.
Essential Skills for the role :
1. Relevant experience in Design and Development of enterprise level application in Java technology and hands-on experience with core Java technologies.
2. Development experience using Spring Framework and proven hands-on experience in IT development with REST Web Services, Eclipse IDE, and Tomcat application server in a Microservices architecture
3. Hands on experience working with RDBMS like Derby, PostgreSQL, etc.
4. Exposure and / or experience with supporting technologies : Messaging (e.g. Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS), JUNIT, Docker, AWS Services, Jenkins
6. DevOps experience with tools such as Git / GitHub, Jenkins, and Groovy and Shell scripting
7. Experience with Linux, as well as experience with full-stack web development.
8. Experience with Cloud technologies, preferably AWS Services (like EC2, S3, Cognito, Terraform)
9. Experience in technically leading / mentoring junior team members
10. Experience working in Life Insurance & Annuities Domain
11. Experience working in Agile / Scrum methodologies / framework.
12. Knowledge of any Policy Admin System (CyberLife, wmA, etc.) will be an added advantage.
Essential Job Functions
1. Analyse functional specifications and coordinate with developers and BAs across geographies to build and implement technology solutions.
This would need time overlap and availability across time zones.
2. Hands-on experience in software design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, and the ability to manage complex programs is a necessity for this role.
3. Effectively communicate with global stakeholders to understand their technical needs. Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
4. Ability to quickly grasp project concepts and internal system functionality, and independently deliver prompt and high-quality technical solutions that meet the business objectives.
5. Coordinate on information technology discussions and updates; provide project team member guidance / support throughout the release lifecycle as and when required.
Provide work guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel.
6. Provide estimates, along with good exposure to Agile / JIRA, RESTful and DevOps concepts
7. Play a role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
8. Ability to lead and work in a fast-paced SAFE® Agile model comprising of multiple teams & geographies involving time overlap
9. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks seamlessly
10. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related fields and proven experience as a programmer analyst, consultant, or in similar role.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
3. Two to three years of relevant technical experience in the Java ecosystem
4. Experience working and interfacing with the business community and functional groups within the organization
Knowledgeable about life insurance domain, Agile methodologies, Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams etc.
Location : RABAT or CASABLANCA
Remote work : 2 to 3 days per wee k
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related fields and proven experience as a programmer analyst, consultant, or in similar role.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English 3. Two to three years of relevant technical experience in the Java ecosystem 4.
Experience working and interfacing with the business community and functional groups within the organization Knowledgeable about life insurance domain, Agile methodologies, Microsoft Office tools, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams etc.
Location : RABAT or CASABLANCA Remote work : 2 to 3 days per week Contract type : CDI