Job Title : Bid Manager
Department / Group : Bid Management
Reporting to :
Bid Management Lead (CEMEA)
Middle East and Africa
Travel Required : Limited
Position Type : Full Time
Job Overview :
Essential Duties & Key Responsibilities :
The Bid Manager owns the end-to-end bid process, including :
Pre-Bid Phase :
1. Bid Manager will review requirements with stakeholders from Customer Advisory (Presales), Sales Account Management, Professional Services & Delivery (PSD), Legal & Commercial Contracts, Finance and HR as per the defined bid process to collect initial feedback for bid qualification.
2. Bid Manager will thereafter reconcile risks, opportunities and resource constraints to communicate a bid / no bid decision.
3. Bid Manager works with business stakeholders from Sales, Customer Advisory and PSD to formalize bid win strategy.
Bid Preparation Phase :
1. Bid Manager will define and communicate win themes based on the agreed upon bid rationale and win strategy to Bid Response Team
2. Bid Manager will prepare a customer requirement and ownership responsibility matrix to distribute sections of the bid to the corresponding stakeholders and track progress milestones.
3. Bid Manager will review submissions made against this matrix to ensure project phasing, implementation approach pricing, contracting, and terms are coherent with the defined win strategy and themes.
4. Bid Manager will be the single point of contact between SAS and partners if the bid requires external communication.
5. Bid Manager will consolidate internal submissions, review overall bid for coherency, formatting consistency and generate the draft submission for legal and pricing review.
6. Bid Manager will govern overall bid process from ensuring necessary approvals are taken for special terms and conditions, and pricing discounts in alignment with authority ladders.
The Bid manager will maintain a database of special conditions and approvals for every bid.
Key Relationships and Success criteria
Bid Manager will share many of the objectives of the Account Manager (AM) and Sales Management. Bid Manager will succeed by instilling rigor in key bid decisions, ensuring Bids are aligned to SAS’ business objectives and best practices are applied to key bids with the result that win rates will rise, costs of sale will reduce, sales cycles will shorten and implementation risks be managed.
The AM will retain full responsibility for the client relationship. The BM is custodian of the approved bid rationale and business-approved commercial parameters for the opportunity.
Together with the technical lead, the AM and BM constitute the opportunity management team, through which all bid-related matters pass.
8 to 12 years’ experience with 3-5 years’ experience as a Bid Manager / Senior , ideally from an IT Consulting or Enterprise Software Product Implementation background
Engineering and / or IT Software Business Administration (Bachelors or Masters)
Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Ability to understand, support and where necessary reconcile strategic business and tactical sales objectives.
Strong in MSOffice Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio)
Other Requirements :
Must be comfortable working with senior management
Will be conversant with the competitive marketplace and the analytics value proposition
Sound commercial understanding, P&L, and risk management skills
Excellent understanding and management of internal governance procedures