Head of Morocco Advisory
About the Firm
Founded in 2011, CrossBoundary is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a substantial return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets. We take a transaction-centered approach to frontier markets. CrossBoundary provides investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unlocking investment across all sectors in fragile and frontier markets. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com.
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Head of Morocco Advisory to build and lead the Morocco transaction team focused on unlocking private capital. We seek candidates with extensive experience living and working in the market, with strong contacts across the region’s business community, and a thorough understanding of the investment landscape.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. As Head of Morocco Advisory, you will be responsible for setting up and managing a team of investment professionals tasked with evaluating investment opportunities, conducting macroeconomic market assessments, and providing transaction support. Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high-impact sectors will be regarded favorably. Associate Principal candidates should have 10+ years of experience working in high caliber finance or consulting organizations and experience working in developing countries. Senior Associate candidates should have 7+ years. Both should demonstrate strong team management experience.
The Head of Morocco Advisory will lead new business development for Morocco and the broader North Africa region, in collaboration with our Tunisia and other MENA offices, and grow the business activities of CrossBoundary in the region, originating transactions and projects.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or similar (7+ years for Senior Associate)
- MBA or another advanced degree strongly desired
- Experience living and working in Morocco and/or the MENA region
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in underserved markets
- Demonstrated leadership skills, preferably in fast-moving and entrepreneurial environments
- Strong financial services-focused quantitative skills and accounting fluency, to include corporate finance, company valuation, comprehension of debt and equity capital markets
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills: ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high impact sectors
- Possesses tangible grit seeks differentiation by intentionally taking oneself outside of comfort zone.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively through friction and opacity
- Demonstrated fluency in French and English
- Team building and management
- Recruit and manage a team of investment professionals reporting to you
- Develop and mentor staff and foster talent across the team and the firm; encourage diversity of people and ideas
- Define building the firm’s culture as a core responsibility
- Project management
- Manage entire project portfolios, driving workstreams with clients directly and independently
- Independently cultivate and manage relationships with existing and potential investors, clients, companies, and other stakeholders.
- Support and manage teams in the implementation of complex transactions and projects
- Transaction advisory
- Lead identification and assessment of investment opportunities
- Prepare investment memorandums, financial models, and other presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies
- Develop and supervise valuation activities, detailed financial models with sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation, deal marketing presentations
- Source investor and lead investor reach outs on behalf of companies’ management
- Oversee overall due diligence process and transaction execution, including drafting and negotiations of terms sheets
- Provide market assessment and ongoing market analysis, including macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Business development
- Lead new business development efforts for Morocco and North Africa, including proposal writing and budgeting
Casablanca or Rabat, Morocco (expected travel across Maghreb and potential broader MENA region)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR