The MSG Detachment Cook is the culinary lead of the program and is responsible for the development of menus, food storage, and cleanliness of the MSGR kitchen and dining areas.
The MSG Cook shall have a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing food services operations demonstrating experience in premium level food and service execution.
shall schedule cooking and serving requirements to ensure that these are done in the order and time frame specified and they are to be performed on a daily basis, Monday-Friday.
Breakfast (from 7-9:30 am), Lunch (11:00 am to 1:30 pm) and Dinner (5:00-7:30 pm).
1.2.3. shall clean kitchen, all dishes and appliances after each meal and causes minimal disruption to the normal operation of the facility. The COR shall determine the schedules presented which meet the needs of the individual facility.
1.3.1 Daily Cooking and Serving Requirements
shall implement a DOS-approved food services support program to standardize food operations, meet mission requirements, control costs and provide good service to the MSG Detachment. The Contractor’s food services approach will incorporate change management to support an evolving DOS approved business plan to meet situational changes.
The USG requires a variety of food services operations services including, but not limited to:
• Menu Planning and Coordination
• Food Sourcing and Provisioning
• Food Preparation and Service
• Food Service Staffing
• Quality Management
18.104.22.168 Quantities of Meals
The MSG detachment at US Consulate General Karachi consists of thirteen Marines, which would require the preparation of 39 to 52 meals per day, respectively.
The MSGR patrons are a diverse group: Americans who have traveled extensively and been exposed to many cultures as well as those who prefer their own regional cuisines in the U.S.; and individuals who have dietary restrictions for health, cultural or religious reasons.
The Contractor will develop a 20-day menu cycle, offering a variety of food selections for each meal and on a weekly basis, based upon acceptability ratings, availability of food items, and food preparation limitations, as well as cost of operations. The menu shall consist of a variety of quality prepared foods that meet business and industry standards, complying with the current and subsequent revisions of Dietary Guidelines for Americans (www.health.gov) offering menu alternatives that are low in total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and sugar; no trans fats; lean meats; low-fat dairy products; a variety of vegetables, fruits and grain products; and vegetarian selections. The quality and appearance of the food shall be consistent with approved food service industry standards for comparable “business and industry” dining facilities.
Trying to please everyone all the time is labor intensive, expensive, and a near impossible task. But making the small steps will be appreciated.
- shall establish 20-day menus that reflect meals variety consistent with the varied cultural, religious, and health dietary requirements of the MSGs. Menu items shall be fresh, prepared onsite, healthy, modern and authentic to the maximum extent practicable.
- shall utilize accepted cooking standards for food preparation and develop program specific standards to ensure consistency in preparation across the program.
- shall develop standards or recipe cards for items determined to be customer favorites. Cooking standards and recipes shall be available to the COR and included as part of program quality assurance program.
- The menu should incorporate local/regional cuisine, American and international dishes. There should be at least one healthy option with each meal. A wide selection of beverages, hot and cold and appropriate to the meal, should be available. Full use of leftovers can also extend the selection if items are stored and labeled in accordance with food safety standards.
- Special meals (e.g. Mexican night, Italian supper, Asian stir-fry luncheon) are also possible introductions. A suitable selection for any identified vegetarian diners shall be on the menu daily as well.
Powered by JazzHR